Monday, October 19, 2009

Road Trip With The Family

I just took a nine day road trip with my family and have lots of pictures to show what I saw along my way. But beware there are a lot of pictures. 

I could not get these to move to the right place. But these are picture of my poison Oak. It started on my nose and then spread everywhere on my face including my eye and my ears and then down my chest.


  The beautiful scenery that we had to look at for hours. And don't be deceived it is not water it is nothing.
   A picture of the girls at the Salt Flats. 
Crater Lake. And yes it really was that color of blue. It is said to be the cleanest water in America. 

The first waterfall that we saw on the road trip. We were on our way to Crater Lake and just saw it on the side of the road. 

The third day of the trip was my favorite. We spent the day hiking up to all these different waterfalls. It was called the most beautiful 30 miles in Oregon and I thought that it truly was so here is a bunch of pictures of all the waterfalls. 
My all time favorite waterfall.






At the beginning of the trail to one of the waterfalls there was a huge area filled with all of these karens that someone made.  
A little walkway that we had to walk through to get to one of the waterfalls. 

My dad and I waiting for my mom and sister to hike up to a spot where Indian boys used to go before they became a man to wait for inspiration. It just did not appeal to us the way it did to my mom. 
After spending the day at the waterfalls we headed back to a campground that actually had showers where we all could shower after not being able to for three days. We all smelt great:) Well it was dark outside and I was walking back from the campground and I took a short cut through another campground and I tripped over the fire place. I landed on my leg and scrapped it down the bone. I could not walk for days. I doesn't look near as bad as how it felt.  
Sunday we stopped at this light house. My family went and took a tour of the light house while I sat in the car because my leg hurt to bad to even move. But my brother took pictures of the light house so I didn't even need to get out.

 
California Coast
Another picture taken by my brother that I just love. 
On the 4th of 5th Day into the trip. We drove down the coast and stopped all along the way to look at different points of the coast.  
The base of one of the huge trees. You cannot really tell how big it is in this picture. But it was huge!

This was one of the biggest trees we saw the whole trip. The base was big enough that we could drive the van through.
My brother actually took this picture but I love it so much that I thought I would put it on here.
Just a picture of how high the trees are.
This Picture was taken at Stout Grove.
 This was the coolest tree that we saw. It is called corkscrew tree. I hiked for like three miles to see it so I am glad that it was cool.
Ashlee standing in the rain.
This was the water fall that was flowing through that campground that was next to ours.        (We almost stayed there.)
After spending two days at this campground in the rain this is what the car looked like. There are like two inches of leaves on the top of everything.

On Thursday we took of and headed inland and away from the rain. On the drive our van just all of a sudden stopped. We sat on the side of the road for about an hour trying to figure out what was wrong with it but ended up having to have it towed. It cost $400 to tow it to where it had to go because it had to be taken to a dodge dealership. After a three hour tow to Redding my parents spent the night in the van in the parking lot and we got a hotel room at the cheapest place possible and the room sure smelt like it to. 

On Friday the Van got fixed which was another $400 and then we ate breakfast in the park. Then at about 10am we decided to just head home. We dropped Tyson off in Reno and then continued onward. After all day and night in the car we finally pulled in the driveway at 3am on Saturday.  It was a long vacation but I cannot say that it was all bad.

P.S. I hope everyone enjoys this post because it took like two hours. I think I need to find a better way to do this. 

2 comments:

  1. I liked it! Looks like such a fun trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOunds like a fabulous trip... Looks like you had a lot of fun family time...

    ReplyDelete